Family leisure activities
CLIPER BY PARK HOTEL SAN JORGE
Family leisure activities: what to do with children on Platja d'Aro, Costa Brava
The central location of the Cliper Apartments by Park Hotel San Jorge means you can enjoy the wide range of leisure and shopping opportunities Platja d’Aro has to offer. Local entertainment options, whether for families, couples or groups, include theme parks, multiplex cinemas, bowling alleys, events facilities and water parks. Platja d’Aro also has an extensive range of shops open every day to keep even the most demanding fashion lovers happy.
Platja d’Aro on the Costa Brava is a great family destination. Apart from its beaches with crystalline waters surrounded by pine forests, the area offers leisure activities to suit every taste.
Here are some examples of things to do with children, using the Cliper Apartments by Park Hotel San Jorge as your base:
- Santa Market (Santa Cristina d’Aro). From mid-July to mid-August, from 6:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m.
Calling itself “an oasis of creativity, fun & good food”, the market features exhibitions of local crafts, concerts, over 30 food trucks and children’s activities. Entry is free and parking costs 5 euros. For more information, see the official website of La Santa Market.
White Summer (Pals). During August. A leisure and entertainment event focusing on artistic creativity and experimental innovation. The programme for each day includes activities, art, concerts, kids’ concerts, dance, DJs, shows, interactive shows, talks and theatre. The festival opens on 3 August with an inaugural concert by La Casa Azul. Discover more at www.whitesummer.es
- Mediaeval fair (Castell d’Aro). During August.
The aim of this event is to take visitors back in time to the mediaeval era. The decorated food and craft stalls and the stallholders in mediaeval garb are as much of an attraction as the entertainment activities.
- Living nativity scene (Castell d’Aro). Performances during Christmas from 7:00 p.m.
The Platja d’Aro area is also an ideal destination for a family holiday during Christmas time, as the shops in the town centre stay open all year round. is performed during these days, an unmissable treat for children.
- Carnestoltes (Platja d’Aro). In the final weeks of February and the first week of May, Platja d’Aro is the scene of celebrations as lively as the famous Carnival festivities of Cadiz and Tenerife. Most of the activities are free.
- Carnestoltes de Primavera (Platja d’Aro). There is a second Carnival in May during the dates of the Spring public holidays, once more, filling the streets of Platja d’Aro with music, rhythm and colours.
For more interesting ideas for things to do on the Costa Brava see this article.
Other activities and experiences